- Purchase from one of London’s oldest jewellers
- Independent & reputable family business since 1798
- Friendly personal service
- Carefully hand picked collection by our expert team
- Complimentary UK delivery
- Delivered in our beautifully branded packaging
- One year guarantee on all purchases
- All pieces refurbished by our skilled workshop
- Full t&cs including delivery information here
Rare Antique Austro Hungarian Locket with Garnet, Turquoise and Enamel
An Austro-Hungarian Renaissance Revival double sided locket with a cabochon Garnet on each side, surrounded by flat cut Tourmaline and Turquoise matrix cabochons, carved detailing and intricate enamel work. The condition is very good for a piece of this rarity. Hermann Ratzersdorfer – a well-respected silversmith and goldsmith specialising in objects of vertu. His mark was first registered in 1842 and he was awarded medals and prizes for his exhibitions at Vienna, London and Paris.
" A very wearable piece of jewellery history! "
ARTIST / MAKER : Hermann Ratzersdorfer (1845-1894)
PERIOD : Victorian 1837-1901
HALLMARKS : Silver gilt
GEMSTONES : Garnet, Tourmaline, Turquoise
MEASUREMENTS : 38mm x 32 mm. Total weight 6.8g.